Thursday, December 7, 2017

A Christmas Reunion

When I said the small-town anti-capitalist conceit wasn't a concern with Lifetime as it is for Hallmark, I may have spoke too soon. I forgot about this crapfest from 2015, or maybe I was trying to wipe it from my memory. Denise Richards' life as an city exec is upended when she inherits her aunt's bakery in the bumblefuck town she grew up in. Fellow Starship Trooper Patrick Muldoon is on hand to remind her every five fucking minutes that it's her obligation to give up everything she's spent her life working for just because she was named in a relative's will. Muldoon, who did solid support work in the MSG Approved A Dogwalker's Christmas Tale and All About Christmas Eve, cannot carry a movie, and stinks up the joint worse than he did in the MSG Middle Finger A Boyfriend for Christmas. Although when playing a character who's delusionally clinging to the idea that no one in their right mind ever moves in their life, no amount of acting talent can save that. After demanding that Richards not return to her home, her job, her life in the city for the umpteenth time, she says, "It's where I live." He says, "It's not where you're from." I said, "FUUUUuuuuuuuUUUUUUUCK you!!!" MSG Middle Finger. Hell, make it two.

No comments:

Post a Comment